How to Buy Concrete
How to Buy Concrete — Ordering Concrete from Carroll’s Building Materials is a simple process, and can be done over the phone, or online. The following is a step-by-step guide to help make your next concrete order quick and easy:
- What are you pouring? What are you using the concrete for?
- How many yards of concrete do you need? For a detailed tutorial on how to measure concrete yardage, please see our DIY Concrete Guide — Or, just call with your project measurements and we can help you figure out how much concrete is needed.
- Gather the contact info for the person who will be managing the concrete pour on the day of delivery: Name, cell phone number, backup phone number
- Optional: Read our complete DIY Concrete Guide to learn everything you need to know for a successful concrete pour.
Give us a call!Phone: +1 727 822 3370 Toll Free: +1 877 822 3370
The following are a few questions that we will likely ask:
- Date of Concrete Delivery?
- Name, Address of project, Phone number.
- Do you need a Concrete Pump? — How many feet to the farthest point of the pour?
- Do you need Concrete Fiber? — Learn about Concrete Fiber. Read our complete DIY Concrete Guide.
- Compression Strength? — Compressive Strength Compressive strength must be specified at the time of ordering. (ie. 3000 psi, 3500 psi, 4000 psi, 4500 psi and 5000 psi). More psi = more strength and durability. (Also Note: the higher the PSI the shorter the set time will be.) Typically 80% of the slabs in Florida will be 3000 psi.
- Will you need a grout mix?
- Is there a washout area?
- Will a wheelbarrow be used to transport the concrete?
Our helpful staff will answer any of your questions, and guide you through the process.
Now that you’re concrete is scheduled, here are a few things that might help —
Do-It-Yourself check List Prior to Pour
Carroll’s Building Materials is a top seller of Ready-Mix / Mix on site Concrete for the Tampa Bay, Pinellas, and St. Pete areas. Order a concrete truck delivery from Carroll’s for your next commercial or residential project. Whether you’re pouring a simple concrete driveway, or you need concrete for a large office building, Carroll’s has everything you need.